The cities of Morgan Hill and Gilroy, and Santa Clara County invite you to help the community and the environment by giving your stuff a second chance with a series of garage sales, recycling and giveaway drives Sept. 8 to Sept. 16.
The 10th annual Second Chance Week is bookended by two community garage sales - one in Gilroy Sept. 8 and 9, and one in Morgan Hill Sept. 15 and 16.
Households and organizations throughout both communities will host garage sales. A list of sites will be posted at City Hall in Gilroy and Morgan Hill.
In between, the cities have organized a full schedule of donation drives and drop-offs.
- Sept. 10 is “Universal Waste Awareness Day,” when residents can safely get rid of their unwanted electronics and items that contain hazardous materials.
- Sept. 11 is “Freecycle Day,” where residents with unwanted items can connect with someone who might them through their Yahoo.com accounts.
- Sept. 12 is “Donate Coats for Kids and Adults Too Day.”
- Sept. 13 is “Second Day,” when residents can donate their old and unused eyeglasses.
- Sept. 14 is “Recycle Your Cycle Day,” allowing the owners of old bicycles to drop off their two-wheelers for donation to local charities.
For more information on Second Chance Week, including drop-off locations and times, go to www.secondchanceweek.com or call 408-310-4169.